The champion will get rights to participarte in the World Mind Games 2017 in China !
The 3 first places will get rights to participate in the World Championship in Tallin-2017 !
The 19th Pan American Draughts Championship will be held in Águas de Lindoia city, Brazil, and will be played in 9 rounds by the Swiss system, with 1h20minutes plus 1 minute for each move (Fischer System) for each player, according to the following schedule:
- 22 September - Arrival of the participants
- 23 September – Blitz and Rapid
- 24 September - 10hours – Opening Cerimony and Technical Congress
- 24 September - 14hours – 1st Round
- 25 September - 09:00 hours – 2nd Round
- 25 September - 19 hours – 3rd Round
- 26 September - 14 hours – 4th Round
- 27 September - 14 hours – 5th Round
- 28 September - 09 hours – 6th Round
- 28 September - 19 hours – 7th Round
- 29 September - 14 hours – 8th Round
- 30 September - 09 hours – 9th Round
- 30 September - Closing
- 30 September – Departure
Players must be confirmed by the Pan American Draughts and Checkers Confederation and each country of the American Continent can take part with 2 players.
In addition, all the players that got the title of Pan-American Champion have the right to play and Brazil, has right to include 1 player more and the Brazilian sponsor of the competition also has right to include 1 player and also Brazil has right to include one player more if the number of players is not even.